About Synapse Resource Center
Synapse Services is the largest provider of Mental Healthcare Service in West Africa. We provide patient centred care in a calm and serene environment with a robust mixture of Local and Internationally trained professionals.
When life is more than you can bear mentally, be rest assured you will find hope, support, and treatment at Synapse Services.
We believe recovery is a journey not a destination and our multidisciplinary team is committed to supporting our clients in taking the first, usually most difficult, step and providing continuous support on the road to recovery.
With a team of compassionate and highly skilled Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Addiction Specialists, Occupational & Speech Therapists, and Psychiatric Nurses, we provide a range of therapeutic programs designed to suit individual needs.
Founded in Abuja in 2009, we are a rapidly expanding private service with 2 centres in Abuja and one in Lagos and Anambra.
- To assist in the provision of care and support under the guidance of a qualified nurse.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide personalised care and support services to patients
- Support the nurses on duty and the clinicians while they carry out their duties
- Assist patients with their personal hygiene in the morning
- Make sure patient’s bed area and the dining area are cleaned after use
- Interact more with patients during their activity schedule
- Maintain continuous contact with patients in the Facility without ever leaving them unattended to.
- Receive instructions from the nurse in charge of the ward at all times
- Complete observation charts and handover checklist
- Ensure the patient’s environment is safe and neat; free from harmfulobjects
- Ensure that electrical appliances e.g. bulbs, Air conditions and other appliances are switched off when not in use.
- Monitor and observe patient closely and report behavioural changes.
- Physical Care: intervene in areas of physical need to ensure that patients have good levels of personal hygiene, nutrition, sleep et cetera:
- Assist in patient’s body, oral, nail and hair cares.
- If the need be, bathe patients, lay their beds
- Manage potentially violent and confrontational situations with patients
- Assist service users/patients with activities of daily living under the supervision of senior staff
- To escort service users/patients as required under the guidance and supervision of the qualified nurse
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Nurse or clinicians.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of ND in Health Related and other Social Sciences Course
- Good communication and interpersonal skill
- Previous experience not necessary, but may be an added advantage.
- Must be physically fit and strong
- Ability to play any form of games/ sports will be an added advantage
- Fluent in English.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only individuals who have a high expectation of themselves and are driven to work above and beyond are welcome to apply.
- Delivery of professional and excellent services must be at your core.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.